According to the American Academy of Dermatology, sun exposure is the most preventable risk factor for all skin cancers, including melanoma. Ultraviolet A (UVA) is primarily responsible for premature aging, wrinkles, and tanning, while Ultraviolet B (UVB) causes sunburns. Both types can severely damage the skin and cause skin cancer, and they are more intense during the summer months, at high altitudes, and in locations close to the equator. Even on cloudy days, UV radiation can cause skin damage. Luckily, we can still have fun in the sun and decrease our risk of skin cancer by taking simple precautions like wearing protective clothing, applying sunscreen with a SPF of at least 15 daily, and avoiding tanning beds.
1. Lips Philosophy Kiss Me Very Emollient SPF 20 Lip Balm relieves dry, chapped lips with a formula enriched with vitamin E, kiwi and almond oils that moisturize, soothe and condition. Plus, SPF 20 protects sensitive lip tissue with a natural, sheer, and beautiful shine. $14
2. Lightweight Being True Essential SPF 30 Gel is an oil free sun blocking gel with a light formula that protects the face and body from broad spectrum UVA and UVB rays—with out feeling greasy or clogging pores. $36
3. Kids A super combination of natural citronella and powerful SPF in California Baby Citronella SPF 30+ Sunscreen Lotion guarantees total sun safety and keeps the bugs away. $24.95
4. Hair Unlike the skin, our hair does not have self-healing properties and damage is typically irreversible. So, be sure to protect your locks with a protective treatment like L’Oréal Professionnel Série Expert Solar Sublime Leave-in. $23
5. Hands Boscia Daily Hand Revival Therapy SPF 15 contains mulberry to lighten and prevent sun spot pigmentation, as well as wine yeast to revive softness and elasticity while also combating UV free radicals with essential SPF. $16
6. All-over Free of oil, alcohol, PABA and preservatives, KINeSYS SPF 30 Spray Sunscreen boasts hypoallergenic ingredients and a unique microspray system for the quickest all-over application.$18.99